Procordia Food AB, one of Scandinavia's leading food producers, relies on x-ray inspection systems to ensure the highest quality and safety of its baby food. Inspecting the product in its final packaging, dense glass, stone or metal contaminants are eliminated. With product safety ensured by SAFELINE x-ray inspection systems, continual brand protection is provided.
Running at speeds of up to 420 jars per minute, the GlassCheK system detects glass, the most critical contaminant, and also stone and metal foreign bodies to ensure product safety. Kirsten Andersson from the quality team remarked "The machine is functioning well, finding any contamination in the body and base of the jar."
|Founded in 1848, Procordia Food AB employs over 1200 people at seven locations, with a turnover of SEK 3 billion ($445 million). Now part of the Orkla group of Norway, the company produces food across a wide range of segments, including ready meals, condiments and baby food, which are distributed throughout Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.|
| ||Procordia Food uses three different sized jars, and the GlassCheK system ensures maximum sensitivity to contamination detection for every individual product line. The x-ray inspection settings are automatically adjusted using a bar code reader system which is "user-friendly" commented Robert Hansson, Production Manager. Uptime is maximised even for short production runs. Robert continued "The capability to detect fill levels was another reason for selecting SAFELINE."|
|After each shift, the production data is transferred to an external PC, which, Kirsten commented "allows for easy review of reject images and enables further investigation of any contaminant found." Using SAFELINE's x-ray inspection system gives Procordia Food a competitive edge, is the view of Ruth Sorensen, Quality Manager at the Procordia Food site at Eslov. They can be assured of product safety and brand integrity using the GlassCheK system with only the highest quality products reaching the consumer.|| |
The Benefits of the GlassCheK system:
- Increased brand integrity due to the superior sensitivity of detection
- Assurance of food-safety - detection and elimination of glass, metal and stone contaminants
- Minimum downtime as operating at low xray energy affords greater reliability
- Optimise throughput with an inspection capacity of up to 1000 jars per minute
- Increased productivity - false reject rates are minimised due to adaptive technology
- Maximum uptime with automatic product setup completed in minutes
- With space always at a premium, systems can be easily retro-fitted into your production line
- Full traceability via a unique user sign-in system
- Local service and support network with global reach