Strengthened by over 20 years of experience and thousands of installations worldwide, Focused Beam Reflectance Measurement (FBRM) and Particle Vision Microscope (PVM) process analytical technology enable scientists and engineers to use real-time particle and droplet distribution measurements to make more informed, faster decisions.
Knowledge of the particle performance gained through FBRM and PVM technologies can cut months from development times, maximize process throughput, and optimize product quality. The application of FBRM and PVM ensures targeted particle distributions are achieved, robust processes are designed, downstream cycle times are maximized, and failures at the pilot and manufacturing scale are eliminated.
- Speed the development of new products
- Early determination of process scalability
- Quickly establish variable conditions
Process Development and Scale-up
- Establish conditions to ensure batch repeatability
- Gain confidence in optimized process efficiency
- Build quality into the process to ensure the highest product quality
- Eliminate batch failures
- Achieve targeted product specifications (Particle Size Distribution, yield, bulk density)
- Improve cycle time
- Optimize separations rates
- Enhance product stability
After purchasing Lasentec in 2001, METTLER TOLEDO has become the world leader for inline particle/droplet size, shape, and count characterization.